A screening test which shows which areas of your physical fitness you are doing well in, and which areas are in need of a little help.
You will receive 2500 Vitality points for doing the test, up to a maximum of 7500 points depending on your score.
The test includes:
- Waist circumference
- Blood pressure
- Strength & Flexibility
- 7 different movements to screen for areas of weakness or tightness that may predispose you to injury in the future, or help explain why you may be currently feeling a niggle.
- Cardiovascular Fitness
- 6 minute walk test: done on a treadmill with a heart rate monitor.
- Feedback from your Biokineticist regarding your results and how to move forward.
- NB: if you take prescribed Beta Blockers, you cannot do this test! You will need to book your VFA at a practice that does the Watt Bike test.
- Come in comfortable exercise clothing with track shoes.
- Avoid caffeine for 2 hours before the test (this may affect your blood pressure and heart rate readings)
- Arrive 5min before your appointment to fill in your form.
- The cost is R460.10 – paid up front and claimable from your savings (depending on your plan).