Desk setup when working from home is very important, especially when so many of us are working from dining room tables instead of a proper desk & chair!
When sitting for long hours at your desk, it is essential to make sure you are sitting correctly to prevent posture related injuries & muscle tightness.
Here are 10 steps to follow:
1. Feet flat on the floor
2. Slight downward slope of the thighs
3. Sit with your buttocks all the way back in the chair
4. Activate your pelvic floor & core muscles
5. Sit close to the desk – tucked underneath so that ears, shoulders, elbows & hips fall in one line
6. Chair is at the right height so that elbows are at a 90 degree bend or slightly more
7. Computer/laptop is at a height that allows the top of the screen to fall at eye level
8. Computer/laptop distance is set to arms length
9. Keyboard or mouse is close enough to the user so that elbows are able to stay in line
10. Try get up every 45-60 mins to move & stretch your body
We hope this can help you!
If you have any postural related aches & pains get in touch with us so we can help you.